Moving Up to 1440p and Need Help Choosing a Monitor

joshj2398

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Ok so this may seem silly, but after hearing about all the hype behind 1440p, I want to upgrade. I currently have an ASUS VG248QE 144hz 1ms panel. I have 2 monitors in mind, the QNIX QX2710 Evolution II and the X-STAR DP2710. If you people convince me to step away from the Korean panels, I will consider the ASUS PB278, but you'll have to do a pretty damn good job convincing me considering its current price.

NOTE: I am both a gamer and a photographer.

Solution
Considering that the Qnix is much more popular, go with that one. I currently use a Yamakasi Q270 that I've had exactly one year now, it turned 1 years old 3 days ago. It works perfectly, has 0 dead pixels, and no cosmetic flaws. It works like the day I bought it. I would never pay full price after using a korean monitor for a name branded one like ASUS or Samsung, as there is no point. I recommend QNIX and Yamakasi. I am not familiar with X-star at all... Hope this helps..

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Considering that the Qnix is much more popular, go with that one. I currently use a Yamakasi Q270 that I've had exactly one year now, it turned 1 years old 3 days ago. It works perfectly, has 0 dead pixels, and no cosmetic flaws. It works like the day I bought it. I would never pay full price after using a korean monitor for a name branded one like ASUS or Samsung, as there is no point. I recommend QNIX and Yamakasi. I am not familiar with X-star at all... Hope this helps..

Solution