Starting a PC Sales Business

JeffHeath

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Hello,

So this is still a bit early, but someday I dream of starting my own business on selling PC hardware and parts.

Simply put, the intent of my business is to be a locally owned and operated (by me) store front. Customers could come in and shop pre-built PC's, whether they were built by me or by a bigger manufacturer such as Dell or HP.

Customers would also have the flexibility of shopping for individual parts, tools, and peripherals including monitors. Additionally, I would even offer a in-store or in-home PC repair service.

The idea is I would be a direct competitor to stores such as Best Buy. Since in my state (Vermont) there is only one Best Buy store and it is just over an hour from where I live and the Staples store that's even closer doesn't offer much for computer hardware, I believe my store idea would have a fighting chance.

What I don't understand, and here's my real question: where can I purchase computers and parts from but still be able to turn a profit? Essentially, I would need to offer products at a price that would make tech savvy customers come to my store before going to NewEgg.com.

Thoughts? I know it's a lot to take in, but any help/input/criticism would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeff

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
check the parts reseller around where you live there will be happy to have an ew costumer and for the price it will depend on the profit margin you want to take on the parts and build .