I'm currently shopping for a new CPU and motherboard. I prefer intel because I already own a GTX480 (also needs updating as well). I don't want to spend more than $300. If this is the case, I realize that I will be lacking some performance, and it makes me think that I should wait for the new generation of intel processors. However, I know that these will probably release at an insanely high price so I might just pull the trigger now.
What do you think I should do? Link a cpu/mobo or wait for the new generation. I don't HAVE to upgrade right now, but I would like to since my current mobo is "kinda" faulty.
Intel's price brackets have changed little. By the time a chip series is defunct or unavailable the price only drops $20 or so.
Unless you are waiting for a major technological leap, generation to generation doesn't matter much.
Intel hasn't put a lot of life into their sockets of late. LGA1156 1 chip series, LGA1155, 2 chip series, LGA1150 1 so far, 1 on the way. Unless you buy a 'cheap' processor for now, upgrading to Broadwell when it comes out doesn't make a lot of sense. As mentioned, maybe a 10% gain.
So buy what you can now, when you can afford it. Not much cause for regret.