which mobo for my build?

judaspriest

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
im planning to build my pc soon and im wondering which motherboard would be the best for my build. im gonna have i7 4770k and gtx 780ti and obviously i will be overclocking both. im also looking for the best audio quality as im a music maniac and i like a good sound on my headphones and speakers which im planning to buy.
is standard audio on mobo enough or should i get a seperate sound card?

sweenytodd

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Asus Maximus VI Hero will be a good starting point for overclocking and good audio. Get a sound card is you want to drive high impedance headphones(high end Sennheisers, AKG, Beyer Dynamic, Grado, Audio Technicas).

judaspriest

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014

i never looked at the more expensive ones and my primary choice was asrock z87 extreme 3. but the one you recommended looks great and from the reviews ive read i must say it is a great motherboard. does it have onboard wifi? from what ive read it doesnt and i see you are using one.
the other thing is, despite the fact i just love the looks of it its not gonna go well with my build as i want to keep it in white-black-blue colours.
my build is : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3oqg1
would you recommend anything else? possibly with onboard wifi for around the same price?
PS. im thinking about changing my ram so it will look nicer too. i will not change the case. i might be a bit pedantic but this is my first build and i want it to be spot on.

thanks alot.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
I also used the HERO , A GREAT BOARD , you won't be disappointed.

35apx12.jpg

judaspriest

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
i guess im going to have to change my case :) so it has got onboard wifi? Becuase ive read around 10 articles and some said yes, some no, some didnt say anything about wifi at all.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No Wifi on the Hero, best bet anyway is a USB adapter, not a fan of plug in cards, with (generally) all the power cords from PSU, monitor, speakers, etc floating around the back of the case can interfere with reception

judaspriest

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3oCzx
ive changed my case so it should look better with maximus. Which wifi would you recommend?
One question about the case, as i cant find a straight answer as well. How many fans does it have? Does it have some built-in LED lights on fans or anywhere inside?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Not sure on LEDs on that model, but believe it's 2 side 120s, a rear 120 and a top 200...not sure what your modem/router handles wireless wise, but would go with a min of a 3330 N type, I keep some of the Asus USB-N13 USB sticks around

judaspriest

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3oDVe
This is what im going to buy. What do you think overall? Of course it is build for sp and mp gaming, some music editing and all the basic stuff. I want to get more future proof pc which will last me at least 3 years. And as you probably know already i want it to look nice as well so it will not hurt my eyes. Your mobo is a great example :)

judaspriest

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
I certainly will. I still have to wait for 3weeks until i get my next pay, so i might have some more questions one day. I read about new components every day as ive been a bit behind for at least 3-4years. But thanks again :)