Radeon 7770hd compatibility????????

Games only

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hello guys.
I need some help here.
i am looking for buying a Radeon's 7770 hd card.
it is pcie 3.0.
I want to know that whether this card is compatible with gigabyte's g41 m combo or not.
Also i have an intel Pentium 4 e 2200 dual core.
i know this is outdated but will it cause bottle necking???
Please respond to this thread, i am in a real hurry.

Vitric9

Distinguished
Oh I forgot to mention a few things. Like that MB is not to new so you may have to update the BIOS for some new hardware to be compatible. But it is capable non the less I am sure Gigabyte has new BIOS updates for this GPU. The HD 7770 is a fine GPU but the CPU most likely will not let it live up to it's full potential. The PCI-E 16X 1.1 will have a little impact but not that much. I had a G31 MB using a HD 6670 and I had some issues with DXDIAG only recognizing 715 Mb of Shared and total video memory this may have been a number of things that could have is most cases been fixed. playing games at resolutions higher that 1280x720 was not really an option for newer games. I doubt you will Have this issue

Games only

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

thank u my friend but should i go for it or not?

Vitric9

Distinguished
It is entirely up t him. Honestly if they can get their hands on a better LGA 775 socket CPU ie: Core 2 Duo E8400, but anything eqaul to or better than a Core 2 E6850 is good. Aslo there are Core 2 Quads that are good as well for games that are more CPU bound. So for example a Q9650 is the best one your find but anything above a Core 2 Q6600 would fine though the Q6600 is a fast CPU when overclocked. I imagine a Core 2 duo refurb should be really cheap.