Should I wait to buy a new grahpics card?

Mitosis89

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
I'm in the market for a new card (almost certainly the GTX 760 if I bought it tomorrow) but compared to previous purchases the incentives are pretty poor at the moment. No discounts I can find, no free games of note.

I've been waiting for a Best for the Money article for April for a catchup but it seems there won't be one this month.

As someone who doesn't follow the market closely, is there anything that should dissuade me from upgrading now? Some upcoming architecture upgrade, some annual pattern of discounts, anything I should know? Regardless of when I buy it will almost surely be in the $250-$270 range.

Thanks a ton for any help!

KrzysiekX10

Honorable
Apr 6, 2014
Well... If you want to wait for some new series of graphics cards to come, you'll probably have to wait untill Q1 2015. But then the 20nm architecture is going to be released. Performance increase will be as always, but there is going to be dramatic power draw and heat generaion reduction. So its your call: buy now or wait untill Q1 2015 to get extremely low power draw and heat generation.
Prices are likely to decrease until then (because of the fall of virtual currencies).
Hope I helped.