Does turning off my second monitor stop video output?

gbakeriv

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hopefully this is a dumb and easily answered question, but I didn't know how to succinctly word it for a Google search. I know that performance is hindered when running two monitors, but to avoid having the desktop get rearranged/needing to go into the nvidia control panel to adjust which monitors are being output to, can I simply turn off the monitor I don't want to use? Or will the graphics cards' outputs still be split?

Also, I'm running a two monitor setup, one of which is a full 1440p and the other is a 1080p (I know not entirely orthodox), off of two classified 770's with 4 gb of VRAM. Windows 8.1.

Solution
It depends how demanding the programs you are running are as to how your performance is affected not whether your monitor is on or off. Two GTX 770s should be able to handle most anything your doing what is your CPU perhaps that is your bottle neck.
It depends how demanding the programs you are running are as to how your performance is affected not whether your monitor is on or off. Two GTX 770s should be able to handle most anything your doing what is your CPU perhaps that is your bottle neck.

Solution