HP Compaq nc6320 - 104-Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted. Remove device and restart.

samee0007

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Laptop: HP Compaq nc6320
This laptop was not having a wireless card installed in it.
I bought a used wireless card from ebay which is originally from a DELL Latitude D430 model (wireless card: ANATEL)

The moment I turn on the laptop after the HP logo, the following appears....
"104-Unsupported wireless network device detected.
System Halted. Remove device and restart."

I tried flashing the BIOS to an updated version for HP Compaq nc6320. Reconnected the card and still the same error message appears.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

You can't use that wireless card on that laptop because of HP's built-in hardware checking technology which only permits approved internal devices to be used.

What you should have bought is an external wireless adapter which plugs in to a USB port. Latest ones are "nano" or mini size like this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-WNA3100M-Wireless-802-11b-WNA3100M-100ENS/dp/B008530JPA/ref=sr_1_69?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1397070239&sr=1-69

You won't get the "unsupported device" problem with one of those because it's external.

+1

They aren't very expensive as well. The problem with the DELL Latitude D430 wireless card is that it doesn't match with the HP Compaq nc6320.

TRENDING THREADS