Need Opinions on My First Build

cheez it kid329

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
I'm about ready to start buying parts for my first computer build and I was hoping for a second opinion on my choices.

Here's the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mlloyd/saved/3Jdr

My main concern is that the PSU is not sufficient enough to power all the components with a little room left over for overclocking (which I hope to eventually do). Any suggestions or recommendations about the list are welcome, though I am reaching the top of my budget (trying to keep it under $700) so please take that into consideration when suggesting different parts. I've done quite a bit research so I'm feeling confident, but I need some reassurance before I start buying.

I plan to use this for gaming but not necessarily on max settings with the newest games. I'm no stranger to minimum settings with a bit of lag on older games so basically anything will be a step up.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You may need a bit more power. A 600 watt would be perfect with hardly any cost increase. Also, keep in mind that your power supply will degrade over time and loose power, so a 500 watt power supply may not put out 500 watts after a long period of use.

Another thing to note is that you should make sure that the CPU cooler you selected can fit in your case, because it is quite a big cooler.

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
You may need a bit more power. A 600 watt would be perfect with hardly any cost increase. Also, keep in mind that your power supply will degrade over time and loose power, so a 500 watt power supply may not put out 500 watts after a long period of use.

Another thing to note is that you should make sure that the CPU cooler you selected can fit in your case, because it is quite a big cooler.

Solution

cheez it kid329

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
Hey thanks, I'll see if I can't find bigger PSU for a couple more bucks. Also I looked around a little bit just now and it sounds like the cooler will be a tight fit but it will fit nonetheless.

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Alright cool, hope everything works out ok.