need ideas and opinions!

please give opinion

• Total voters

thatguy13

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
I have been trying to decide whether I should get a MSI GE60 Pro003 ($1300) or and Xbox one (700-800). I have an xbox360 which I want to upgrade to either a gaming laptop or Xbox one.
I’m open to other gaming laptops (under 1500) and other ideas including ps4. One idea I had was getting an Xbox one and then getting a satellite (my friend has a really nice one he got for 500) and still be under the gaming laptop price. or if you know of a different laptop that is like 500 instead of satellite that works too. If you have other ideas please share! Not sure what I should do. All opinions are helpful. The more the merrier.
Please and Thank yous! :wahoo:
(p.s. on the poll if you put none dont forget to say your idea)

pyro226

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Well, how much do you value portability when you game? Would you be using the additional features that an Xbox One would offers over the capabilities of a laptop? Or is the multi-functionality and (potential) portability of a laptop more appealing?

A decent number of games support Xbox controllers. And then there's steam sales... Do you have must-have game series that are only on one console? I bought a Wii U for Pikmin 3 (which was too short and not really impressive) and the upcoming Super Smash Bros for Wii U (coming out in Winter)... *sigh* ...

For price vs performance, a desktop is normally better than a laptop. Desktops are also upgradable and you can re-use parts between builds (case, monitor, and periferals, but can also upgrade either GPU or CPU/Mobo/RAM). They're also easier to fix than laptops. I like desktops because they're pretty much always set up and you just sit down at them. I didn't really have a good / comfortable setup for my laptop and I didn't like moving it around.

For laptops, I like Lenovo. Try to get one on sale with an i3 for $500 or less (sister got one for $400 sale at walmart a couple years ago). And get one with separate click buttons rather than the buttons being integrated into a rocking touchpad.

Summary: What is best comes down to personal preference. Pick one and enjoy :)