AMD PcNet Ethernet Driver

smpsn07

Honorable
May 17, 2013
Hello all. I've had this project going on for over a month now. The short story is that I rebuilt one of our physical windows 95 machines into VMware workstation 10 so it could run PCTCP in dos to control one of our milling machines over an ftp connection. For a month now, I have been combing the ends of the internet trying to find an AMD pcnet Ethernet adapter and/or a packet driver that will install with PCTCP in the new virtual machine.

Here is the long story: This windows 95 machine is probably going to die soon. When it was originally connected to our milling machine, it had PCTCP with a novel ne2000 card and driver. When I cloned the hard drive and configured it to VMware, the driver changed from novell ne2000 to the AMD Pcnet 79c970 PCNET 32 Lance driver. Because the PCTCP disks did not come with a driver that will match that, I've been trying to bypass that by trying to find the driver on the internet. None of Crynwr's drivers worked but it seemed like they would come in handy later. (http://www.crynwr.com/). Every time I install PCTCP, it keeps giving me an error: "Could not find any driver information files (OEMSETUP.INF, PDCONF.INF or *.NIF)" None of the drivers that I was able to download contained any of those files or anything like them. Although windows 95 was able to automatically detect and install the AMD driver, I was not able to find it on the windows 95 cd that I had. Also, all of the web pages I found from google related to the exact driver I need from AMD no longer exist. I'm completely out of options as to where I should go or what I should do. Does anybody have any suggestions?