Upgrading graphics or everything else?!!

Hey guys,
I understand this kinda post is common, but the answer is different for everyone, so couldn't make use of them,

I have a:

motherboad: p41-ES3G Gigabyte (775 LGA and DDR2 RAM)
CPU : Q8200 2.3 quad core
RAM: shitty, 4 GB ( 2 x 2GB) 400MHZ (that's what CPUZ says)
Graphics: GTX 560 ti
PSU: huntkey HK700-52 pp -- 700w
Monitor: 19" LG LCD 1280 x 1024

so I have about 400-420$,

I can either upgrade everything else to:
mobo: msi G45
CPU : i5-4670k
RAM: 8GB ( 2 x 4GB) G.skill 1866 or 1600
and keep same PSU and graphics

or upgrade graphics to GTX 770 and may be a new psu if I need (do i need to?)

I appreciate your advice, which do you think will give me a better performance upgrade?
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading graphics
  1. Personally, I'd do neither, as it stands the current system should be well balanced and powerful enough to play all games at high settings at such a low resolution.
    Adding a GTX770 class card will be an upgrade, but it'll be wasted at that resolution, and severely held back by the current CPU.
    Moving up to a i5 is the reverse, the CPU will be held back severely by the GTX560Ti, even at such a low res.
    Only thing I'd change right now is that awful PSU.
    Hold off until you can upgrade to a better balanced build: the i5 plus at least a GTX770 class card and a 1080 monitor-trust me on the monitor, a 22" 1080 display will be a revelation in clarity over the current display.
  2. thx, ill probably upgrade both the pc and the graphics, just was wondering whom should I upgrade first and which one would give me a better improvement in the meantime,
    and thx for the suggestion, ill probably consider upgrading my monitor before the others.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics RAM Motherboards