Gaming computer build

crs76

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
Hello all,

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/crs76/saved/4mjZ

I wanted to know what you guys thought of this build. I would appreciate any recommendations to make the build cheaper.

I am unsure about the PSU, motherboard and CPU choices because of my lack of experience. The GPU (R9 270) is the only thing I'm attached to, but I am willing to change anything given advice.

I do not need a monitor or OS at this time.

I would prefer to bring the price closer to $800, or even $700.

Thanks for your time.

Solution
If you want to bring the price down, you dont need a Z77 motherboard with that processor since that processor does not overclock. You can go with an H77 or something else.

You can definitely also get away with 8GB of RAM for anything. You can upgrade to 16GB if you do not find it sufficient. I hardly use over 35% of my 16GB.
If you want to bring the price down, you dont need a Z77 motherboard with that processor since that processor does not overclock. You can go with an H77 or something else.

You can definitely also get away with 8GB of RAM for anything. You can upgrade to 16GB if you do not find it sufficient. I hardly use over 35% of my 16GB.

Solution

crs76

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014

Excellent, that is immediately helpful. Is there any noticeable performance difference between 1 stick of 8gb ram and 2x4gb?