(First Build) Help! Does this build work for gaming?

bboyshadows

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
This is going to be my first build and any feedback on tweaks or improvements would be appreciated! My budget is $600 USD and I'm okay playing most games on med graphics (considering I used to play with low settings on a dinky mobility radeon 5730). I don't plan on overclocking anything and I already have a DVD drive+monitor.

pcpartpicker.com/p/3rgxGhttp://www.pcpartpicker.com/p/3rgxG

The video card (not on the list above) is the MSI Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB, GDDR5
tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3199442&CatId=7387http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3199442&CatId=7387

Total of the build (with the card above) is around $550

Questions concerning the build list
PSU: Is a 550 watt psu overkill on this build? I have an Aspire 450 watt PSU I could use, but I have read that Aspire is not the greatest

CPU Cooler: Is it important that I get one to replace the stock?

Case: Are the fans sufficient to cool the entire system?

-Thanks for any feedback and taking time to read through this list!

IZZY_ENLIGHTENED

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
for one i would go for a AMD FX - 8350 since your budget would allow and a good heatsink and fans is a Necessity in my opinion as well as many others and if your going to upgrade in the future i would opt for a 700 watt power supply. and i dont recommend AMD cards as they arent very good value and more optimal for video rendering IMO i would recommend a Nvidia GTX 650 or higher as they offer better gaming performace and are easily sli'able if needed of course other than that all i can say is, is that dont rule out intel CPU's altogether i would look at some nice i3's or i5's they offer better performance and future proofing especially those that offer hyper threading.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask or PM me i dont bite :3

ohhh also keep in mide that GHz shouldnt be the only thing you look at you HAVE to consider the future Ghz is only speed and wont play very much of a factor in gaming as the clocking on a video card would