Why was my thread deleted?

Astralv

Distinguished
I received this e-mail, "Your thread "Need your vote for my electronic dance song" has been removed from Tom's Hardware. Please be sure to comply with the Rules of Conduct and guidelines for posting." Is there a rule against sharing my music? So you saying that after helping so many members with their problems, I can not ask for their support and offer them to listen to my music? If it was about some game, you would not delete it. You have sections about cars, wellness, entertainment, but I can not share music? Tom's hardware focuses so much on gamers, totally overlooking other users of Custom computers. I built my computers just like everybody else here, but I dont use it for games, I use it to make music. You discouraging it? There is a potential market in it. Not all kids playing games. Some try to do something different. You never pay any attention to what we do. You never have any good articles for media producers. If you dont know- ask, we will write you articles. But deleting a post because it is about music makes no sense. Thank you very much.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
You can absolutely share music here, most appropriately under the Entertainment category heading. Please be sure to indicate that it is indeed your music that you've created, and linked without shortener. As Someone Somewhere mentioned, you could probably see why it would trigger a moderator's spam detection spidey senses. We get inundated with spam threads from all over the planet and they invariably include link shortened URLs.

-JP