Can a single 760 GTX 4GB run 3 monitors?

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I am about to make a big purchase but I'm also trying to save money without comprimising my graphics. I'm currently running a 2010 480 GTX fermi with 2 monitors, a AMD 6300 Vishera and everything is great, I mainly play CS: GO, Diablo III and Hearthstone. I was going to purchase a 770 GTX 4GB but my budget is limited, can a 760 GTX 4GB work just as well? Also I have purchased a AMD 8350 FX to replace my current CPU. I mainly need 3 monitors for streaming, I'm growing tired of having my social media, OBS and other things cluttered on one screen.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Solution
It should be able to work just fine as long as you are not trying to run Surround with it. Even a sing GTX 770 can't handle 3 monitors gaming in Surround though. So as long as you are gaming on just a single screen you will be just fine.

Kurdain1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
I am sure that card will do you well, especially if you are not running high end graphics on all 3 monitors at the same time, which it would do also if you choose. If you are running the game(s) on 1 or 2 monitors and just a website or whatever on the other(s) then the demand on your card will not be any higher than 2 monitors as websites/desktop/word stuff takes pretty much no GPU power.

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
That's what I thought, someone is trying to get me to purchase a 780 for $500 and I don't have the money plus I see no point, I even showed him the games I played and he even said they were not high graphics demanding games. I will be running the games on only one monitor, the secind and third are for websites, keeping track of chat, social media etc. Thanks hun!

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Thank you for your reply. I see on the side that you have some parts listed are those what you hvae in your current PC? If so how is the FX 8350 treating you? I currently have a 6 core 6300 that is good but I need a little more.

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Thank you very muh for your help!

You'll need a 990fx/990x motherboard for SLI though.

My CPU has been working great, no problems whatsoever. It's really great for multitasking too.

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I'm not much of a huge PC gamer but I will remember that hun right now I'm running a Gigabyte 990fx... I just realized I have what you mentioned lol. When I built my first PC I had some kid help me I was so clueless, I have a bit more sense now. Another question if you don't mind, the Fermi 480 that I have only has 1500 mb memory and a 480 cuda cored, another answer mentions I may only need a 2gb rather than a 4, is that true?

InkedQ

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Thanks for your response hun. I will look into that, what I am currently running only has 480 cuda cores and 1500mb memory so I would image you are correct about that, thank you for the suggestion, I would love to save money so long as it does not compromise my PC quality.

Yes, that should work, but not if you are running GPU heavy games like heavily modded Skyrim for example.

I'd get 4GB just be sure since 3 screens can take a lot of memory and games in the future will use more VRAM in all likelihood.

It should be able to work just fine as long as you are not trying to run Surround with it. Even a sing GTX 770 can't handle 3 monitors gaming in Surround though. So as long as you are gaming on just a single screen you will be just fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS