BenQ gaming monitor

quavuz

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Hello!

I am looking to buy new gaming monitor. I decided to buy BenQ XL2411Z because I want to test this 120hz thing as I never used such monitor.

So I have few questions.
Is my choice good? Quality > Price
Would I be able to get 120hz refresh rate through HDMI cable?
I am using MSI GE60 UK version laptop and I have only VGA and HDMI ports. I saw other threads saying that I wouldn't be able to run 1080p and get 120hz. Is this true?
I play counter strike at 1024x768 resolution, would I get 100% true 120hz experience through hdmi port? Would I need any adapters?

Avocade

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
I'd suggest saving money and getting a 60hz doubling the hz really isn't linked to you performing better and with a 60hz you can still get the smoothing effect of over 90-100fps. You won't aim better or have a faster target acquisition. However I am only just putting in my two cents.

quavuz

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
I am not getting monitor to perform better. Gaming would be one of many things that I would use it for but I just want to know in this special case if I can use it for CS too.

Avocade

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Yes you can get 120hz through HDMI I've seen 240hz TVs run on HDMI though no TV is true 240 but still it exceeds 120. If your playing such low resolutions what's the infatuation with high refresh rates?

quavuz

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
I have a friend that plays cs professionally and he says that game is 100% more enjoyable and smoother. I would like just to see how it works myself but it is not my main target. I wanted to get better monitor for long time but I can use it to watch a movie/tv/connect it with PS so I wanted to know if also I can use it to full extend playing CS as I saw many different topics/people stating same facts as my friend. I am not 100% sure if I am gonna get it but I am just gathering options because I will either get this monitor or buy TV. Just checking my options. Thanks for your input. I am not one of those guys that want to buy monitor/mice/keyboard w/e to get better performances ingame as you may think :D