How would a 1440x900 monitor interact with a 1920x1080 monitor?

L42cf

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2014
So right now I have a 1440x900 monitor that has been lying around for a while, and I plan on buying a 1920x1080 monitor. If I try to dual monitor them, how would it work? I heard my monitor would be distorted, but I would not want to stretch the screen, I'd like to clone the screens. Would that be possible on different resolutions, and if not, what would happen?

Solution
4K is not a viable option yet, it costs way too much, and the hardware needed is high end to say the least.
They work just fine, you simply plug both in, hit windows p twice to get the extended desktop display and you can move back and forward freely, and easily.
Im running two different sized (23" and 21") varied resolutions and havent had an issue.

L42cf

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2014
Well if I were to put both into a resolution they both shared, which I believe is near like the 12xx by 7xx, would they work together and not be as if it were two matching resolution displays?

It won't be possible to clone settings throughout. It would only support up to 1440x900 on all interfaces. On the 1080p, it would look smaller (black frame around desktop). 1080p on 1440x900 would look (yes), fuzzy, and DPI's a bit too small to see regularly (as in 20/20 vision).

Sell both and get a 4K monitor, in my opinion.

4K is not a viable option yet, it costs way too much, and the hardware needed is high end to say the least.
They work just fine, you simply plug both in, hit windows p twice to get the extended desktop display and you can move back and forward freely, and easily.
Im running two different sized (23" and 21") varied resolutions and havent had an issue.

Solution