Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Opinions on first PC Build

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
April 14, 2014 8:50:11 PM

Hi so this will currently be my first PC build ever, and I'm just looking for some input, opinions, and suggestions on all my parts n such. Also, I have a few questions I will address later.

CPU - AMD FX6300

Mobo - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2

Memory - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 X 4) 1866

Storage - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB

GPU - XFX Radeon R7 260x 2GB (although will be upgrading to a GTX 780 once I have enough money, just a temporary card really)

Case - NZXT Phantom 410

Power Supply - Corsair CX750

So if anyone has any alterations or anything that they think would be for the better let me know, also if there is any compatibility issues or other issues that people can tell from this set up let me know. Also just wondering are all these brands reliable? Or should I try other brands? Also I would like to overclock with this processor so if anyone has any Input on that, it would be much appreciated. Finally, so when I eventually buy the GTX 780, does anyone know if I would run into bottlenecking issues at all with the kind of mid-range processor?

More about : opinions build

April 14, 2014 8:56:43 PM

I think you could save some money by going with a different motherboard like a ASRock one. They you might be able to purchase a storage hard drive as well. Or you could put it into a better card.

Looks good to me.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 14, 2014 9:53:53 PM

IMO...You really don't need a 750w PSU
I think you should be fine with a 650w

And this mobo is better than the one you have selected
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
April 15, 2014 6:13:09 AM

Sweet thanks a bunch guys!
m
l
April 15, 2014 9:55:36 AM

Ghostyghost0 said:
Sweet thanks a bunch guys!

You're welcome, just make sure to click 'pick as solution' for the post that helped solved your problem.
m
l
April 15, 2014 12:06:16 PM

Also as far as overclocking though my PSU should be good cause I've heard mixed opinons on CX series for overclocking CPUs
m
l
!