• Gross..Change It!!!!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Neutral either way!!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

JackOfAllBlades

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Hello, I am new here but am looking for help with my gaming build. I have a general idea of what I want and I will post a link to PC Part Picker at the end of this. I do want to overclock my CPU, and my GPU's some. I am open to suggestions and changes made to my build, and may go with Intel/Nvidia if I am convinced of the value of going to them. I am concerned with performance first and foremost, but aesthetics are also important to me. I am a tad of an AMD fanboy so it may be hard to sway me to switch but I am open to discussion. Thanks beforehand for any and all help. Here is the part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3t6nm

Also could someone suggest a laptop for gaming also? Thanks

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
If you're building a gaming pc, first put the internals of the computer first, then the case, then the peripherals if you're looking to get the best gaming performance. Also I would stick to a strong single video card and then either add a second one or upgrade it later on.

JackOfAllBlades

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

I posted a link to my parts, and, something along the line of this for an Intel build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3t76I

How much of a performance increase would I get with this over the FX-8350, both being OC'd of course, well I hope I can OC that "Hotwell" chip.. ha

an i7 doesnt help much in games now, but future titles are able to utilize more and more threads, making the i7 a better buy, especially if your budget is over $3000 XD i would, however, either keep the graphics cards you chose or get 290X's cuz for 3 monitors you will need that extra gig of vram ;)

JackOfAllBlades

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

I do agree on the VRAM part, I was looking at the R9 295x2