A good system as a whole? Or did I wast mai monies?

Nerumph

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
Looking for some helpful critique of my new system here to see what I could improve upon in terms of price vs component balance and general usage for the next time I seek out a new build challenge.

Some things I was looking for for this build, before I list components, was adaptability and longevity. As I am going to still be in college for a while to come, I wanted something to expand when needed and build upon when the time came.

I will be using this computer for a wide range of tasks, gaming only being a small facet of the usage for it. Video editing, 3D rendering, music creation through DAW, work in PS, programming a bit, to name a few, so I needed something that could handle the pressure of being under load for long periods of time... Also, I play Planetside 2 so... ya, ultimate benchmark just from that, lol.

Anyhow, here we go:

--------

Total price of the system: something around $1,550

Tower Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Computer Case

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard

CPU Chip: AMD FX Eight-Core Processor FX-8350 4.0GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60 Along with Two Corsair Air Series SP120 Fans In push-pull configuration

RAM Sticks: 32GB of CORSAIR Vengeance (4 - 8GB cards)

Power Supply Unit: XFX Core Edition PRO750W PSU

Graphics Processing Card: MSI Gaming OC GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Am still working on getting this resolved as the card I received turned out to be a DOA component.

Disk Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB Hard Drive

SSD Boot Drive: Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GB SSD

Disk Reader Drive: LG 12X SATA Blu-ray Combo Internal Drive

Keyboard: Sharkoon Skiller Gaming Keyboard

Monitor (combined with another Acer I had from my last rig): Acer G236HL 23" Class LED Widescreen Monitor

Wireless adaptability: TRENDnet Wireless N 300 Mbps PCI Adapter

--------

So that is all I have to present. As I said I am looking for constructive criticism to keep in mind for my NEXT build. I am not gonna be able to change out anything in this one for a while.

Thanks a bunch guys. I look forward to looking over your responses.

Sincerely,

Nerumph

(Updated 5/9/14 to include new CPU cooler)

Nerumph

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014

Oh, I didn't actually buy the components from Amazon. I bought 99% of it all from Ebay and saved about 200$. The prices in the links are not necessarily reflective of the prices I actually had, I only used those links as component reference.