New rig keeps losing video signal.

Hello, I just finished building a new computer only to find that it loses video after less than a minute. I had a similar problem several months before with the same components but a different motherboard, except that it took longer to lose video (about 5 - 10 minutes when I first powered it, and then this time the video stayed on decreased each subsequent time). The last time this happened, I thought it was because of a faulty PCI-E slot, because the video worked after I moved my graphics card from the PCI-E x16 to the PCI-E x4 slot. I returned the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P) and got another one from a different company (MSI 970A-G43), could two motherboard from two different companies really both be defective? I'm thinking that it might be cooling related, since my PSU's intake is facing my graphics card (my PSU is mounted on the bottom of my case). What I am wondering is what the problem could be and how do I fix it.

My specs are as follows:
Processor: AMD FX 4300
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue harddrive
Graphics Card: AMD / ATI 5770
RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix 1866 DDR3
PSU: Rosewill RD700
Case: APEX PCV-588

I have two case fans: one in the front and one in the back of my case.

I posted this same thread earlier, but as a question. I thought that reposting it as a discussion, would be better. Any mods on here can feel free to delete my previous post, I apologize for posting this question twice. If I could change my previous post to a discussion I would.
1 answer Last reply
More about rig losing video signal
  1. I had such issues a while back and the problem was with the display cable. I suggest you try a different cable and see how that works.
Ask a new question

Read More

signal lost lost gaming rig signal AMD Graphics Cards Video Graphics