Need Hardware Detection Help (UPDATED)

ProjectSINQ

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
Hi, if anyone is kind to help me solve this case, that would be really grateful of you.

Currently, I've decided to run a HP Pavilion rk574aa-aba a1730n Desktop PC. I know, it is 'Old' but it's a (Super)low-budget PC after all.

83-107-294-02.jpg

My current specs are:
Operating System: Vista 32-bit Desktop
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2.5GHz)
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB DDR2
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 126mb (Integrated)
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024
Power Supply Unit: 300 watts

Motherboard(NodusM3) drivers and other software(s) are currently up-to-date.

But HERE IS WHERE I NEED HELP:

DSC09389w.jpg

Recently, I've bought a refurbished Palit Nvidia GeForce® 9400GT Super (512MB DDR2) graphics card(With no Installation Driver CD/Manual Book/Retail Box) for my PC, since I knew I could just download the free Driver Installation from online/via internet.

Installing the Hardware in the PCI-E Expansion Slot was smooth. Upon turning on the PC, I entered the BIOS menu and changed the Video Chip setting from PCI to PCI-E.

Note that my VGA cable is still connected to the Integrated Graphics Card from my monitor. I've already tried connecting the VGA cable to the new Graphics Card, but I still got a undetected black screen.

When I turned on the PC with the newly-installed Hardware, I heard a loud fan noise from my PC for about 5-7 seconds or so. I thought this was normal, as I believe the motherboard was powering up the Graphics Card.

I safely removed the cover of my PC to check the Graphics Card's physical status, and it seemed to be working properly. The Graphics Card's Fan was running and it looked normal.

However, when I was looking for the newly-installed Graphics Card in the Display Adapters at the Device Manager, there was nothing new to detect. I refreshed the Device Manager but still nothing. Even though the fan of the Newly-Installed Graphics card is running, my PC is not detecting the newly-installed Graphics Card for unknown reasons.

I researched online on countless forums, but still nothing.

So now for the main question: Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here? I really need help, since I'm still an amateur on PC specs.

Thank you for reading!

(EDIT: I recently bought a refurbished XFX ONE Radeon HD 5450 64-Bit GDDR3 512mb, but I am still having the same problem.
14-150-631-02.jpg

I tried testing this Graphics card too, but nothing different is occurring; Black Screen of undetected sleep and no hardware detection is still there.

Sigh..... What should I do?)

ProjectSINQ

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014

Sorry; Haven't looked at this thread in a while since I was having other tech conversions of this issue in different websites(Which is still currently unresolved).

Back on subject: Yes, I have tried connecting the VGA cable into the Graphics Card, but nothing appears; Only a black screen that sleeps. I have waited approximately 3 minutes for any sudden changes/displays but nothing still happen.

Heck, I even tried this several times upon using a Driver Cleaner APP to remove the Intergrated Graphics Driver. Next, I shutdown the PC, install the Palit hardware into the PCI-E slot, try plugging the VGA cable onto the Palit hardware first instead of the Integrated Graphics Card for any sudden chances of changes, but my monitor is still a dead screen that only sleeps. Few minutes later, I replugged the VGA cable onto the Intergrated Graphics Card with no progress, the system already automatically re-downloaded its default undated Intergrated Driver and prompts for a frustrating reboot. This is the same case with disabling the Intergrated Graphics Driver at the Display Adapter Section in the Device Manager Panel; Just a dead sleeping black screen.

(P.S. I have tried looking at other threads with "No Graphic Card Detection," but those threads are not helping me getting anywhere; I am still trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my PC.)

ProjectSINQ

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014

I already did this in the BIOS. In fact, I already mentioned this in my story too.