Help - System Crash - MSI GTX 660Ti, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770k

LtRice

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
Problem:
PC will shut off completely, black screen and reboot after connecting to a game. But the problem is not consistent, it will happen right after connecting to the game and sometimes it will let me play a full game. The other day I thought I fixed the problem by disabling multicore rendering in CS:GO since I was able to get a few games in last week. I tried again today and it instant crashed again as usual. I was able to run Goat Sim just fine a week ago as well with a ton of shit happening ingame but now it crashes when the game loads ingame content. No temperatures are spiking or anything, and I am really confused on where to go from here since I have no idea which piece of hardware to point at. Also, since this problem has been around for a while, updating drivers hasn't done anything. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Video with CS:GO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q_oZGMsrbk

Specs:
- i7 3770k 3.5Ghz
- AsRock Z77 Extreme4
- MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition
- 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance
- Corsair HX750

OS & Drivers:
- Windows 8.1
- NVidia 335.23

JakoReilly

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
I'm seeing something similar with my system:
GA-MA770-DS3 Gigabyte Mobo
Phenom X4 Black Edition 3.4ghz
4X2GB Corsair Ram
Corsair CPU Cooler H80i
PNY VCGGTX660XPB GTX 660 2GB 192bit
Windows 7
Latest driver for Nvidia Gforce
750 W Power Supply

I haven't had any heat issues or spikes. The system will run fine using basic functions, ie. internet, youtube, etc. As soon as I start a game (Battlefield 4, SimCity, Elder Scrolls online) it will shutdown the entire system. I swapped video cards back to my GTX 440 and run everything fine. I was starting to lean toward the PCI Express 2.0 slot not being compatible under a video load but I'm just guessing???