Massive FPS drop after using Dual Monitors.

MCspyda

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014
Greetings community,

As the title describes, I have a problem with my rig. I am currently using GeForce GTX 560 connected to my main (gaming) monitor and a second monitor connected to my MOBO graphix. The main monitor is connected with DVI to DVI and the MOBO monitor is connected via HDMI to HDMI. The reason why I havent connected both the monitors on the GeForce GTX 560 is that the HDMI slot on the GPU is too small for the monitor HDMI cable. The only HDMI slot I can plug the monitor to is the one on the MOBO.

After explaining the setup I will continue with the problem itself. While Im gaming, I love to use my second monitor for browsing and watching streams and stuff. The problem is, when I connect the second monitor to the MOBO in order to use it, I receive massive FPS drop in games such as WoW, Wildstar and even LoL. It frustrates me, because Im playing all games on Lowest details, while I am sure my GPU can handle it. The moment i disconnect the second monitor from the MOBO, I have no FPS what so ever so the problem is pretty obvious to me.

Please, how can I resolve this massive pain in my ass. Thanks in advance!