Craig's list computer. worth it?

KUWI ROCKS

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014
I haven't ever really had a gaming PC nor do I know a lot about them so that's why I'm here asking if this computer I found is worth it. It seems like a decent budget PC but like I said, I don't know much. Here's the specs.

Intel Dual Core - 2.8 GHzProcessor
Nvidia GTX 650ti 2GB Graphics Card
500 GB 7400 RPM HD
6 GB PC 1333 Ram
Corsair 550 Power Supply
Brand new install of Windows 8.1

Copied straight from his/her post. It comes with a mouse, wireless keyboard, but no monitor but I already have one. The price is $550.

popatim

Titan
See if you can get more detailed info, esp regarding the processor. A dual core Pentium D 820 meets that description and its completely worthless for modern gaming.

If they cant provide a model# for the cpu then stay away. You can build something for about the same amount.

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
wtf, i know a guy that's gaming with a pentium d with a good graphics card and he can play all the settings on high fluently, it's the graphics card you should be worried about. why are you spreading false information on this site if you don't know what your talking about. and no, it's not worth 550, your better off buying a computer from newegg or so. especially with no monitor.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
you are spreading falsehoods, not me.

a pentium d will not be good enough to take advantage of a good video card. not even close. there IS a connection and you cant toss a powerful gpu in with a pentium d and expect anything playable.

M0j0jojo

Honorable

Yea I agree with u, you will bottleneck the components and you will not see any improvements

a pentium d is two pentium 4's.... certainly not going to perform on anything recent, doesnt matter what gpu you use. so stop acusing people of spreading false information when thats exactly what you are doing.

i had a pentium d, so i am speaking from experience. obviously you have never done this before. please stop passing around your useless opinions. people come here for help, not to be steered in the wrong direction.