SLI Not working in Battlefield 3, but works in other games?

hishamalpha00

Honorable
Apr 20, 2014
I have problems with BF3. when i launch it, the FPS is around what it would be with ONE card. i have two. here is my specs:

GTX 760 SLI
i7 4770K 3.5GHz
8GB RAM 2133MHz
800W power supply Corsair
1920x1080 monitor

In other games, when i start them, the FPS is great. the SLI visual indicator feature that Nvidia gives shows green in all other games. BF3 doesn't have this, and the on screen display says that the second card is only at 4%, while the first one is at around 90%+.

in other games, the usages are much higher. i know some other poeple have been getting 70% usage on BOTH cards in BF3, but that is not the case. only one is working for me, while the other one is stupidly sitting there, not even running hot. I have reinstalled drivers, reseated the SLI bridges, etc. its NOT the SLI. other games work fine with it.

I have even disabled SLI and tried running BF3, I got the exact same FPS. no difference. that's when I knew that the second card wasn't doing anything.

It is not the so called "flickering" problem a lot of SLI users out there have. so basically,
1 card does not work in SLI in Battlefield 3. Why and how can I fix this?

help?

hishamalpha00

Honorable
Apr 20, 2014

ummm could you walk me through those steps? i don't really know what forced rendering means, sorry.

I was just looking for the setting but it seems to have been removed in the latest drivers so forget that idea, sorry about that. At some point in the day I'll try and get around to firing up BF3 to see if SLi still works OK.