Dual Graphics Card SLI With Three Monitors Questions

Tags:
  • Graphics
  • Graphics Cards
  • SLI
  • Monitors
Last response: in Displays
April 20, 2014 3:13:36 AM

I am building a new system and purchases three dell monitors that have vga / hdmi ports i want to use the hdmi ports with 2 GTX 780's in SLI i was thinking that i would plug the middle monitor into the main graphics card and the other 2 into the second card, i believe that when i enable sli that the second cards ports will be disabled is there any way of keeping them enable or having this setup with sli? what are my option to have 3 monitors with SLI and only use the one for gaming while the other 2 stay one without having 3 graphics cards

More about : dual graphics card sli monitors questions

a c 395 U Graphics card
a c 218 C Monitor
April 20, 2014 3:54:14 AM

you can have two monitors in one card and 1 in the other, that'll work. Is that what you wanted to know?
m
l
April 20, 2014 11:29:07 AM

unknownofprob said:
you can have two monitors in one card and 1 in the other, that'll work. Is that what you wanted to know?

well yes but 1 in the main gpu and 2 in the other one in sli so when i enable sli i dont loses any of the displays
m
l
Related resources
a c 241 U Graphics card
a c 188 C Monitor
April 20, 2014 11:59:53 AM

Harry Clewlow said:
unknownofprob said:

well yes but 1 in the main gpu and 2 in the other one in sli so when i enable sli i dont loses any of the displays

You are mistaking AMD requirements with Nvidia requirements. SLI does not require all monitors be connected to the top while in SLI. Crossfire does.
m
l

Best solution

a c 395 U Graphics card
a c 218 C Monitor
April 20, 2014 8:20:57 PM

You can have in SLI, the monitors in different ports in different cards.