Intel HD 4600 Temps

japmee

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
Hello everybody. I would like to discuss some temperature issues about my new PC.
( If reading is not your best, you can skip at the end of the post)
First of all, the specs:

Case: CoolerMaster k350
MotherBoard: MSI B85-G43 gaming
CPU: Intel i5 4570 ( NON-K ! ! ) ( STOCK COOLING )
Ram: 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz
PSU: Corsair CX500Modular

Of course I am planning to buy a Graphic's Card, probably a
Gigabyte GTX 660 2gb ddr5.

Until then, I have only being playing League of Legends, since I don't want to stress my CPU in terms of temperature.

My cpu, in everyday tasks, is at about 30-33 degrees idle
and 35-40 deg. doing everyday's stuff.. small apps, browsing, programming etc.

While playing League of Legends, I noticed that my CPU temps @full graphic settings
could even reach 68-69 Celcius Degrees, with the integrated Intel HD graphics load @90-100%, and general CPU load @40% .

I think that it would be ideal if I was able to keep the CPU Temperatures @60 degrees Max.(or at least not consistent, temp spikes are acceptable).

When I play with medium settings the Intel HD graphics load is about at 60-80, and I dont get temperatures higher than 58 degrees.

SO THE FINAL QUESTION is:
" Will buying my GTX 660 , get me those 60max temps @the CPU with stock cooling? "

benjii

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Those temperatures are perfectly fine, what you're aiming for is <80c. There's no need for you to change anything. However, in answer to your other question, switching to a dedicated GPU would definitely reduce your CPU temperatures and most likely keep it under 60c.

japmee

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
Hmm.. Thank you very much for your reply.
I was actually seeking predictions about my situation and/or some personal experience from guys like you. (since i only used to work with laptops)

I also checked your personal Build, and I found it really interesting, as I also plan to upgrade mine, with something new every month (such as new case, some modding etc )

I would also like to ask you, what temperatures are you getting with your 4670K combined with the noctua cooling system. What thermal paste did you use, and how much do you stress your PC ?

Thank you in advance

benjii

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

That build is slightly out of date actually, I switched to an MSI 290 from my 7970. Anyway, as for my CPU: it's at 4.4Ghz, 25c idle, 68c under load (stress testing with AIDA64). I used Arctic MX-4. When playing games it's usually in the high 40's, low 50's. I only really use my PC for gaming and work, so no real stressing.

japmee

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
ok then :)

i will try to rush my GPU then, and right after maybe a decent Cooling system for my CPU !