Pay TV outdated?

Limbothefirst

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
At home I have the internet and Foxtel, Much of the time I sit down at the TV and after checking all the channels i like, what iv recorded and the stuff thats in the on demand menu (the free stuff thats all ready begun to air, I find my self board and with nothing i want to watch.. maybe im just hard to please.

Now for 30-40 min show, lets say.. myth busters. I will get 4 ad "brakes" and thats not including the ones in-between shows. Each of which are about 5-8 min long, meaning my 30-40 min show takes an hour to watch.

Now is it just me or dose anyone else find this Gluttons and insulting? For some thing that We pay a subcription in the age of the internet? You could try tell be that if it wasn't there by sub fee would be higher but I would then have to ask what the Operating costs vs profit. As.. and Im not an expert in the industry, but I cant help feel Im being F#%&*#@!!!!!!

Pay TV seems to be a deformed half man, half horse who's parents are brother and sister and only fed it sub HD advertising, Sellouts, reruns and incompetents sprinkled with shitty UI, and poo from a week old corps; relative of the internet.

Tell me, what can it do that the internet and a $10/M streaming site sub cant?.... o wait, Net Neutrality is gone...... Never mind.

Got to go, South park is on after the brake.. :(

Solution
your not wrong. people are cutting the cord to pay tv and thats why comcast are trying to double dip with the internet tv providers.
which is what they have done for decades with pay tv. the way these corporations see tv programming is a means to an end to get you to watch adverts, they have no incentive to produce good tv other than to get you to watch there adverts over there rival tv stations.

fact is the tv companies see you as there product now they are selling you to the advertisers and there trying to do the same with the american part of the internet.
Hi limbothefirst,
pay tv is a complete waste of money , there is not much on there that you can't watch on your pc for free and no adds, plus with pay tv they repeat shows over and over throughout the month , what is the point on paying for repeats and adds

Depends how much TV you want to watch. Its not too healthy to watch too much. (Or be on the PC too much). I only have a few shows that I'll put with Ads to watch eg new episodes of Top Gear. Now and again I'll rent a movie. Other than that, the missus don't give me much leeway. I get indoor and outdoor chores and a bit of time for hobbies.

My suggestion - find an outdoor interest, join a club, etc. Balance

your not wrong. people are cutting the cord to pay tv and thats why comcast are trying to double dip with the internet tv providers.
which is what they have done for decades with pay tv. the way these corporations see tv programming is a means to an end to get you to watch adverts, they have no incentive to produce good tv other than to get you to watch there adverts over there rival tv stations.

fact is the tv companies see you as there product now they are selling you to the advertisers and there trying to do the same with the american part of the internet.

Solution

Limbothefirst

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
An very good point HEXIT, haven't thought about it that way before. With us being the product and advertises the costumer.
Can you tell me more about whats happening with the american part of the internet you mentioned?