Are G-sync Monitors Out Yet???

zykster

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I just finished building a new rig with an EVGA Geforce GTX 780ti Superclocked and realized immediately that I need a new monitor to get the most out of the card.

I have been reading everywhere that the new g-sync monitors are coming out in the 1st half of this year, and I keep seeing posts saying that the Asus VG248QE and BenQ XL2420 monitors are g-sync capable. But I do not see g-sync being advertised in the product details.

In the amazon product details (link) for the VG248QE it says that the digital signal frequency is 50-144Hz. I am not sure if this represents the variable refresh rate associated with g-sync or not, and I don't know if I am willing to drop $800 on the ROG Swift for 1440p g-sync.

Any information on this would be great as I am waiting until the new g-sync monitors are released to make a purchase. Thanks.

Himson Li

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Your best friend Google Search has got all the answers. But I'd answer you as best as I can, for God's sake.

"I keep seeing posts saying that the Asus VG248QE and BenQ XL2420 monitors are g-sync capable. But I do not see g-sync being advertised in the product details."

ASUS VG248QE debuted without G-sync, as a 144hz 24" gaming monitor (~USD270).

It's only last December when the G-sync modded VG248QE became for sale, at the whooping high price (~USD500), almost doubling the vanilla cost.

A G-sync DIY kit is for sale on NVIDIA (USD199) website in the US or Canada, for the brave ones who do not care about monitor warranty or potential hazards.

Only BenQ XL2420G & XL2720G are G-sync capable. The earlier versions XL2420T, XL2420TE & XL2420Z do not have G-sync.

"In the amazon product details (link) for the VG248QE it says that the digital signal frequency is 50-144Hz. I am not sure if this represents the variable refresh rate associated with g-sync or not"

The Amazon link of yours refer to the vanilla version. No G-sync.

"I don't know if I am willing to drop $800 on the ROG Swift for 1440p g-sync."

Come on, dude. You used to shell out USD700 for a EVGA Geforce GTX 780ti Superclocked! You can afford the best.

The only weakness of the initial roundup of G-sync monitors (scheduled for June-September release) is they are display port 1.2 only. No HDMI, DVI-D inputs. So you can plug in one DP1.2 compatible device only.

Some people like to connect Bluray player, Xbox and PC to one monitor simultaneously so they hate this.