770 SLI - Nvidia Surround problems

Nackles

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Hello everyone. I am having trouble getting Nvidia Surround to work on my 3 monitors. I have two 770's in SLI. Everytime I try to enable "span displays with surround" my computer crashes and reboots.
I am using DVI Dual-Link cables on all 3 monitors.
Any help would be MUCH appreciated. (I can provide more info if necessary)

Solution
I use surround with my 480s in SLI, and every now and then my Nvidia Control Panel crashes and that happens to me. Not totally sure what is causing it... but after I restart my computer a few times (3+) it starts to work again. If that doesn't work, and it doesn't sound like it will, go download a recent driver, and see if that works. I was using one from October(ish) for a while until just recently because of that issue.

Calvin3200

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
I use surround with my 480s in SLI, and every now and then my Nvidia Control Panel crashes and that happens to me. Not totally sure what is causing it... but after I restart my computer a few times (3+) it starts to work again. If that doesn't work, and it doesn't sound like it will, go download a recent driver, and see if that works. I was using one from October(ish) for a while until just recently because of that issue.

Solution

Nackles

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried 335.23 and 337.50 drivers. It crashes right after I click "Apply" after selecting the "Span Displays with Surround" even though my card to monitor cables show up as valid for surround. I can't find many fixes after searching around, so it is probably something stupid on my part. Frustrating!!!

Nackles

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I just figured it out (I guess). I used a custom resolution at 60hz and 16-bit color on all 3 monitors. After that it worked when I clicked "Span Displays with Surround" and it changed it to 32-bit color automatically after putting it in surround. Not sure why this fixed it, but it did.