Gaming and more PC build - Reviews needed

vrfx

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Hello,
I am a new member here and I've already asked about some compatibility issues which were answered in minutes, that was awesome.
Now after some more research I've set my mind to a complete system and would like some opinions maybe I can still change some parts.
I am slightly on a budget so the lower price the better. I plan to use it mainly for playing an MMO and light Photoshop, no fancy filters on huge image sizes (I'll also do some web programming and play some other small games to spend some time but these are not important and the system will be overkill for that anyway).
My old rig is a E8400+4Gb+9800GT basically and it did what I needed for the last 5 years but I feel it's getting too slow hence the change.

Okay now on to the new build:

ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (Z87 because i spend 15 euro more and get all the features for SSD. Overclocking not planned but it's there if somehow I'll decide to change my processor later also, plenty of usb and sata)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (4440 mainly because it's cheaper and I feel it will be enough. Has 1xQPI link also even if I'm not sure it will be of much use. Oddly enough why is the 4430 a bit more expensive when it's a bit slower and does not have that QPI thing, no hyper-threading or anything over the 4440? Basically the 15 more euro I spend on the mobo I save on the CPU, good trade?)
Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (because I don't want fancy looking memory, do not plan to overclock and it's tested 1600Mhz at 1.5v, CL9. Also 8GB is enough for my needs also trying to save some money)
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (basically i had to choose between this one and the Samsung 840 EVO both same price and same good reviews but the Kingston uses some type of memory which if not reused, written, often should last longer? This will keep my Windows and some apps only)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (the "heavy duty" workhorse to keep my games and movies etc which might be deleted and downloaded/copied more often)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card (again, price and performance for my needs seems to hit the spot. this is already bought as I found a promotion last month and it works on my current PCI-E 2.0 mobo)
Seasonic S12II-520Bronze (since the graphic card needs 450 I just thought to have some extra and I read some good reviews about this PSU)

Peripherials and monitor are not important I guess and I have them already ... only worth mentioning the monitor is a 21" so I'll be playing stuff at 1920x1080 resolution.

So this is more like a discussion don't need an answer just some reviews. Is the motherboard okay? Should I get a different chipset and a better CPU instead? It might seem too much for what I said I'll do but rarely I feel the need to shoot some aliens or something and might play some FPS games and also very important I do not want to have to replace most of it in the next 2 years.

Well, thanks for your time and any answer will be greatly appreciated.

vrfx

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
H87 is also missing Lake Tiny and 1 USB 3.0 header (doubt I'm gonna need that many USB though) but the difference is only like 15 euro. I think only the option of possible overclock is worth that.