New Dragon Age: Inquisition Arrives in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddiebear

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
If i knew for a fact that this game isnt a direct port from console to pc, limiting it to console graphics and features, id buy it now! I just hope that the pc user can take advantage of new hardware/sofware like amd's mantle and boost this game to how a pc should play games (not be limited to console play style, graphics & features)

CraigN

Distinguished
Teddiebear - have you not seen any of the other released videos for this game? They're all built on Frostbite 3, which is designed with PC in mind. Bioware has been more mindful of their PC crowd than most developers. It may even support Mantle since it is using Frostbite but there is no confirmation of that yet.

Go watch the videos. I think you will find you have nothing to worry about and should definitely pick it up :)

My only question is if this is going to be Origin exclusive or will it also be on Steam. If it is Origin exclusive I will probably pass it up. I have three games on Origin, two I got for free and one I bought well before it Origin came out (Spore). Juts not a fan of the application itself.

It depends on if it is using the version of the engine that has it enabled or if the developer even decided to enable it themselves.

G

Some of the characters revealed so far are from DA2, so I'm kinda worried. Also, I'm not Catholic so can't really appreciate the subtitle. Graphics look nice for an RPG though.

Queenslander

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
"Next generation of RPG"... Still released for 360/PS3. No thanks, I'll wait for The Witcher 3 with the added bonus of supporting a decent developer like CDProjektRED instead of EA.

G

"Players will experience the rich storylines and characters that they've come to expect from BioWare" What the heck!? So it will be a pile of complete s*** like dragon age 2!?

teddiebear

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Teddiebear - have you not seen any of the other released videos for this game? They're all built on Frostbite 3, which is designed with PC in mind. Bioware has been more mindful of their PC crowd than most developers. It may even support Mantle since it is using Frostbite but there is no confirmation of that yet.

Go watch the videos. I think you will find you have nothing to worry about and should definitely pick it up :)
thanks for the update craigN. I've been a fan of the series so far and very keen to get my hands on this title. Due to this new info i'll def get it now. Thanks bud :D

1:17 "Get Over here".

Considering the DA2 Fiasco, Im gonna let this one stay cold untill I can see gameplay on youtube or something similar. Then ill decide if there is a point in spending my cash on the company that killed Mass effect with the worst ending ever and blew up DA Origins with a sequel that had nothing interesting.

CraigN

Distinguished
cats_Paw

There are plenty of gameplay videos on Youtube already, INCLUDING in that trailer you just saw. That is actual gameplay. It's an upgrade to DA2's faster combat system mixed with the ability to strategize like in Dragon Age: Origins.

teddiebear - Yeah. I'm very excited for it. I think with all the combined video footage that's out, it's obvious to tell Bioware has taken a few steps back and tried to figure out how not to do another ME3 or DA2, hopefully. In some of their more recent interviews at trade shows, they acknowledge the pitfalls of DA2 and have tried to take what's worked best from both games to put into this one.

On a more recent replay of DA2, honestly story and character wise it holds up pretty well to Origins (minus characters like Merrill and Aveline..I found them awfully boring). Especially if you play as Mage, as it makes the story way more personal.

The biggest complaints I had were the recycled level design and the lack of strategic combat (waves of respawning enemies instead of the ability to lay traps, create choke points, etc.) and too small of a world. Inquisition looks like it's fixing all of those issues.

I know I'm probably coming off a little fanboyish, but honestly DA2 was better than most of the crap it gets. Beyond the lazy level design and lack of a variety of unique items and no way to strategize combat, it still had a great story and great characters, and the combat was significantly more intense than in Origins.

Lastly but not least...

FFS, EA is not a developer. EA is a publisher. Bioware is the developer, the game is put on shelves by EA. There is a difference.

TommyTanker

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
DA Origins - one of my favorite games
DA2 - total abomination and abuse of loyalty

How could they take a RPG that allowed you to play it over and over again and turn it into a click fest - with 'cool' kiddy candy attack moves. Tekken abortion.

I know EA is the publisher and not the developer, but I am still feeling the burns for previous EA released games.

CraigN,
What is in this video is not "gameplay", its "selected parts of the game to draw attention to it".
Gameplay in my book is how you feel about the game after you have been playing it for about 3 hours:
-Do I feel like the story is interesting? Intriguing? Relatable? Engaging? Realistic?
-Do the characters grow on me over time? Do they have a story to tell? The story they tell makes sense to their behaviour?
-Is the combat interesting? Does it reward smart real-time adjustments? Cant it be fought in a different way and still archive victory? (Baldurs gate 2 crown here).
-The intems in the game, Is there a point to try new items? To save up cash for later? Are weapons/armor diffenrent enought and yet still usefull to carry something more than jsut the storngest weapon you just found?
-The worlds, are they giving you the feeling as you are seeing new and interesting places? are they different from each other enoguht to want you to explore every place?

Those are the things I thoguht about in like 15 minutes. Im assuming that DA2 planning was done in a bit longer that that.

CraigN

Distinguished
Well, considering that definition, I can understand some of those concerns. When I hear "gameplay" I assume you meant seeing how the game actually is going to look and play like, i.e. combat and graphics. But between interviews and footage, this is what has already been revealed about your concerns, in case you're interested:

- Between trailers and interviews, they've gone into what the overarching theme of the story about, and that it's back on the "epic" scale that DA: O was, and personally, it sounds plenty interesting, intriguing and engaging to me. The fact that you'll be travelling to multiple locations in Thedas to close open Fade tears sounds awesome.

- Varric is back. That's at least one character that has plenty of stories to tell :p

- You can see combat in many of the videos, and from some of the press conference floor videos (including the return of the tactical camera). One interview even mentioned that when fighting certain large enemies, attacking different parts of them (i.e., wings or legs of the dragon) actually has an impact on your enemy rather than just charging it head first.

- They've announced before that companion gear will be fully customizable, i.e. DA: O.

- See the Worlds trailer. I think that's reasonable assurance alone that we're not getting the "copy-paste" dungeons that came in 2.

I'd would agree that the DA2 level design was done in about that amount of time :p haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS