Every time I reinstall my Intel HD Graphics Driver, I get 'Input Signal Out Of Range'

BlackFox922

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
I tried to install Swtor, but because of my monitor (I think) or something, I got a green box, and a message saying 'Input signal out of range'. Then, every time I turned it on I got the same message. After messing around in Safe Mode, I was able to 'fix' the issue by going into device manager and deleting the display adaptors. But with the solution, came a new problem.

As a result of this 'solution', I wasnt able to play any of my video games. I tried to reinstall the drivers using my Dell 'Drivers and Utilities' disc, but every time I tried that the 'Input Signal Out Of Range' issue happens again. I also can't seem to find my Graphics Card name anywhere online or on my computer, all it says is Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Because of this, I am not able to download the drivers online either. It probably wouldn't help, but it would've been worth a try.

Can someone please help me on this, I'm stuck and I want to get back to playing video games and generally just using my computer. Thank you.

Solution
More than likely you have the intel HD integrated graphics. The drivers on the dell CD are probably very old, you should try downloading new drivers from intel's website. Do you know what intel CPU you have? If you go Control Panel\System and Security\System then click on device manager on the left side of the page. Under display adapters it should say what you have (ex: Intel HD graphics 4000).

Then you can go here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng
and input the info to find the new drivers.

numanator

Honorable
More than likely you have the intel HD integrated graphics. The drivers on the dell CD are probably very old, you should try downloading new drivers from intel's website. Do you know what intel CPU you have? If you go Control Panel\System and Security\System then click on device manager on the left side of the page. Under display adapters it should say what you have (ex: Intel HD graphics 4000).

Then you can go here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng
and input the info to find the new drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS