Toshiba, SanDisk Dip Into 15nm Process Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I can see the tech support complaints now (from toshiba's point of view). (HI tech support, I just got my new smartphone, and after taking a picture, all other writes either fail or end up corrupted

CSR: well you wrote over 2MB of data to your device, the NAND is as good as dead. If you would like, you can contact our supplier and order a case of 10,000 NAND BGA's and also this reflow solder station, and replace the NAND and reprogram the device using JTAG each time you need to take a new photo.

Customer: that sounds great! I will also order a gas generator so that I can take the solder station with me and reflow while on the go!

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I can see the tech support complaints now (from toshiba's point of view). (HI tech support, I just got my new smartphone, and after taking a picture, all other writes either fail or end up corrupted

CSR: well you wrote over 2MB of data to your device, the NAND is as good as dead. If you would like, you can contact our supplier and order a case of 10,000 NAND BGA's and also this reflow solder station, and replace the NAND and reprogram the device using JTAG each time you need to take a new photo.

Customer: that sounds great! I will also order a gas generator so that I can take the solder station with me and reflow while on the go!

Yeah, Why are manufactures driving down flash die size? It hurts longevity, why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.