Need a Good Gaming Desk

gromo443

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
So I bought this "Gaming" desk from Walmart for 100 bucks but its way to flimsy for my 24 inch asus.

Anyone have any suggestions on a SOLID gaming desk, I need something that's not going to cause my monitor to flap around every time i go to move my mouse.

My price range is around $300

Solution
Have you tried walking around OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, Staples or Ikea? Target even works. I'm using an old desk from my Uncle (have been for the last 10+ years), and it holds up my incredibly heavy 600T, two 27" monitors, and the rest of my peripherals just fine. I believe the desk is from Ikea, too. So the only way, aside from vouches, to test if a desk is sturdy, is to actually see and touch them.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Look into standing desks. I recently converted from the tried and true sitting position to the experimental and dangerous position known as "standing". At first I was skeptical, but have grown to love it. Give your feet a few days to get used to standing for extended hours. This has been a huge help to my back and arm -> mouse ergonomics.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/five-health-benefits-standing-desks-180950259/?no-ist

If you want to save money, turn your dresser into a desk...I did. put monitor on top of dresser, pull out first drawer of dresser. Put a surface down on top the now open drawer. Put keyboard and mouse on surface. Done. This also helps save space in a smaller room obviously. You can still use most of your dresser for clothes. Personally I don't wear clothes, but you can store other things there too like cheetos and mountian dew. I like small things that are also cheap. You may want a bar stool or high chair to use when you become to lazy or drunk to stand. I love my dressputerdesk and I know you will too.

enemy1g

Honorable
Have you tried walking around OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, Staples or Ikea? Target even works. I'm using an old desk from my Uncle (have been for the last 10+ years), and it holds up my incredibly heavy 600T, two 27" monitors, and the rest of my peripherals just fine. I believe the desk is from Ikea, too. So the only way, aside from vouches, to test if a desk is sturdy, is to actually see and touch them.

Solution

gromo443

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
I have a few ideas now, but i think your right enemy. What I really need to do is go to Ikea, put my hands on the desks and test how sturdy they are.

Are you enemy enemy from CS 1.6? I cant remember the clan but i recognize the first generation tag.