MemOK and Powerbutton not shutting off

Veggies45

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
I just cleaned out my computer as it was really dusty, and I think I may have messed up some pin connections, but I also think that isn't the cause of the issue I'm having. As of right now everything works fine when my PC is running, but I have a problem turning it on, and turning it off. In order to turn it on, I have to hold the MemOK button (Asus P8P67), then have to wait to press F1 to go into bios menu, save and reset, and then I am at a normal boot. I can turn my computer off through shutdown on windows, but the power button doesn't work when I try to use it to turn it off. What could be the source of the problem?

Here are my specs: http://i.imgur.com/NJvnsX1.png

Veggies45

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
Nope. I cleaned out the slots prior to re inserting them and I am positive they are seated correctly (they are locked in). I woke up this morning and now pressing the memok button doesn't turn the computer on anymore! What I did also notice is that the EPU light that was constantly on now only remains on for a few moments, then goes off.

Veggies45

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
I figured out the issue. It was the power switch. Replace the power and reset switch connectors and now I just have to use the reset button to turn on. Thanks for the effort guys!