Gaming peripherals for my PC

G

hi everyone i am looking to get a gaming keyboard and mouse but i am not sure which brands to go for as there are so many options! i am new to pc gaming so i am open to all options. please bare in mind i have a budget of round £150

any suggestions will help!

many thanks
bijan

For the keyboard, you have many options. I would highly advise a mechanical keyboard at this budget. For mechanical keyboards, there are a lot of personal preferences that goes into one.
1. What kind of switch would you prefer? Here is a decent guide that explains the different type of mechanical switches: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide#post_6009482
2. Do you want a keyboard with backlighting? If yes, what color would you prefer?
3. Do you want macro keys?
4. Do you prefer a keyboard without the numberpad, or with the numberpad?

For the mouse:
1. Do you prefer macro keys on the side of the mouse?

G

i have chosen my mouse (roccat cone pure gaming mouse)
1. cherry mx brown
2. i would ideally like blue lighting
3. i have no preference, i am buying this mainly for playing battlefield 4
4. with a number pad

also can you recommend a mouse mat (for gaming) that would accompany my mouse well?
lastly, is the new benq XL2411z a good gaming monitor

thanks for all your help

Here's a good keyboard for your choice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G710-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00CM1TTGG/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1398536959&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+g710
It comes with Cherry MX Browns, a numberpad, some macros, and white backlighting. You can always buy LED color changers to turn the white backlighting into blue if you wish.
Here's a good mouse pad: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000UEZ36W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0T2FPATZA899VEC6DCZN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294
The BenQ monitor is a great gaming monitor for FPS games if you really want a 144hz monitor.

G

wow! thanks for your suggestions, the keyboard looks great! just wondering could you also recommend any mice to me, you seem to know what you are doing! by the way, the answer to your question for the mouse would be:
1. no i do not want macro keys but i would like one or two customisable keys, maybe for changing weapon quicker

The Razer Deathadder 2013 is a pretty good mouse with a great sensor. It's a solid mouse and the sensor is pretty flawless. It has two thumb buttons on the side that you can change to whatever you want using the Razer Synapse 2.0 software.

G

Ok thanks for the mouse. I will probably get that one. Because I am new to gaming I want solid equipment, do you recommend razer keyboards? If so which one?
Generally I would like to have matching equipment
I appreciate all your help, thank you so much!!!

G

also, should i trust reviews i read on amazon? real chaos, do you have a good personal experience with razer and or logitech? the reason i am asking is i really want to make sure i do not encounter a problem with the products i choose to buy

Honestly, I wouldn't really trust all of the reviews on Amazon / Newegg. While some of them may be good quality reviews, a lot of them are reviews from people who don't know a thing.
I have some experience with Razer, but not much. My friend had a Razer keyboard, though it was chiclet keys and not mechanical, but the keys would get stuck when you press them down. However, my other friend had a Razer mouse and it was pretty smooth honestly. It felt really nice. Can't remember what mouse it was though. A lot of people, including me, don't really bother with their keyboards but their mice are pretty solid.

I have experience with Logitech, but not their G710; I only have experience with their membrane boards. Logitech is supposed to be a solid brand though.