Sign in with
Your question

Just got a new SSD and put Windows 8.1 Pro on it. Have questions about installing programs from Windows 7 Drive!

Last response: in Windows 8
April 25, 2014 1:17:28 PM

So I got my new SSD today and I put Windows 8.1 on it and so far I LOVE how smooth it is!

Anyway, I still have my old 500GB HDD that has Windows 7 on it, with all my old settings and I want to know if it's possible to transfer all my programs from my Windows 7 HDD to my Windows 8, so that they will show up in the Programs and Features list and what not.

I don't want to go through re-installing ALL these programs all over again, I want to know if there's a way to transfer them all so that they are legitimately on my SSD now with Windows 8.

As of right now I can only get access to some programs by locating them in My Computer and finding the Windows 7 HDD and going into the Program Files from there. Is it possible to move those to the Windows 8 drive besides simply just copy and pasting?

Thanks in advance!
April 25, 2014 9:29:52 PM

Sorry to bump. I'm just a little pressed for time at the moment. Thanks though! I await your answers.
Related resources
!