Dual Internet connections, Can I allocate a certain program to run off of only one connection?

PierceScott

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
So short version is as follows:

I have one wired connection and one wireless connection. I have ONE program that I want to run off of the wired connection and all other off of the wireless connection.

The problem has to do with bandwidth and extenuating circumstances.

Is it possible? and if so how?

shreejan86

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
You can use Connectify dispatch. Using dispatch you can assign your wired connection to one application and wireless to the other.

You can also do this for free with the route command. You would delete the 0.0.0.0 route for the wired connection and then put in route commands for any ip destinations you want to use the wired connection.

You can not really make a "application" based path selection even with connectify. You for example could not say I want everything i run under IE to use connection 1 and everything I run under firefox to use connection2. You could though run tomshardware on connection 1 and amazon on connection 2.

This gets very messy if there are lots of ip destinations that make up a website and even worse when multiple DNS entries map to the same IP.

shreejan86

Distinguished
May 24, 2010

With dispatch you can assign chrome to any one adapter and IE to another or use both.
mbpzlk.png