Is this natural!? LCD owners please respond

just-need-help

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Hi everyone, I am sorry if this is a noob question, since I am new to LCD technology, I have jumped from CRT, and I feel I have just fallen down, I assembled my new rig some months a go and have had two horrible experiences with LCD monitors ever since, at first I bought a TN LCD panel which was a pain in the neck for me, since it was not able to show solid colors from the top to the bottom of the screen, so I bought an IPS monitor which is MX239h, while the monitor is good for bright scenes, its black level is really grayish in a dark room, turning on lights, changes these gray shades to more black-like color, is this normal? why is it the black level is so poor in a dark room...my question is do you all LCD owners play games in a bright room?! or is this a problem with IPS panel? please help everyone, your answers can help me alot to decide...I will be here in 30 minutes to close the post and choose the best answer...thank you all...

Happens with my laptop screen too.
But not with my monitor.
I can't really say much on this, except that my laptop screen is like any other, and my monitor model is Acer AL1916W.

This is a FORUM. It is normal to wait several hours before anybody posts anything. You can't force people to act the way you want.