Cannot get anything on my Insignia 50" plasma tv when I try to get an HDMI signal from my ASUS notebook HDMI output

Davidrk49

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Cannot get anything on my Insignia 50" plasma tv when I try to get an HDMI signal from my ASUS X75A notebook HDMI output.Cable is good, tv has worked using it with dvd's but I want to view NETFLIX from the notebook on my tv. Tried HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 ports on the tv, only one output HDMI port on the notebook. NO audio or video. Any help would be appreciated.ASUS

Solution
To view anything from your notebook, you need to first, go into your screen resolution setting screen. There you can pick which monitor to output to. Right-click anywhere on your desktop, and select screen resolution.
There is a drop down button, it will allow your to pick your notebook screen or your tv or both.

For your audio, right click on your speaker icon, on the taskbar. Select playback devices and there should be a list of options for playback of your audio. Pick the one that corresponds with your tv, and you should have audio.

buzzrattie

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2012
To view anything from your notebook, you need to first, go into your screen resolution setting screen. There you can pick which monitor to output to. Right-click anywhere on your desktop, and select screen resolution.
There is a drop down button, it will allow your to pick your notebook screen or your tv or both.

For your audio, right click on your speaker icon, on the taskbar. Select playback devices and there should be a list of options for playback of your audio. Pick the one that corresponds with your tv, and you should have audio.

Solution