CPU Cooler Question

Solution
I have done it for more than a year during summers. When my GPU fan stopped working, I've had big temperature problem (having 70`C+ temps). So I opened the PC Case from side and put a pedestal fan right next to it, so close that all of it touching the pc case (fan facing the motherboard) and it actually dropped 20`C of temperature right away through out summer.

Edit: I think I have to mention this also, one big drawback with doing that was dust accumulated really fast so for that I had to clean PC more often with a dust blower.

jpole

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
really? my brother used to that when his laptop cooler was broken, he used a 10-inch size table fan and it actually worked better than cooler. he didnt do it all the time though so there might not be built up yet

Askei

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
I have done it for more than a year during summers. When my GPU fan stopped working, I've had big temperature problem (having 70`C+ temps). So I opened the PC Case from side and put a pedestal fan right next to it, so close that all of it touching the pc case (fan facing the motherboard) and it actually dropped 20`C of temperature right away through out summer.

Edit: I think I have to mention this also, one big drawback with doing that was dust accumulated really fast so for that I had to clean PC more often with a dust blower.

Solution