How to have 2 different graphic card in one motherboard

mehradco

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014
Dear Guys

I need to have 2 different graphic cards in the same mother board running Win. 7 32 bit, not cross fire or SLI, I'm not using them for gaming , I have a program that can address each of the graphic cards for a propose separately, in fact its a flight simulator program that is going to run one of the graphics for pilot and the second one for the teacher, but it should be 2 different graphic card not one. of course the software doesn't require a high end graphics as the rendered graphic is not very detail or 3D, (the system is old and use 16 color graphic only).

here is my question before buying 2 graphic cards,
can I run 2 graphic cards (PCI) on the same motherboard each connected to a monitor,( I do not need extended display in the windows or repeated desktop on each monitor) do I require
a special graphic cards or motherboard, can I use ordinary motherboards or graphic cards?

Please help me as I couldn't find a direct answer in the net. and I have to decide very shortly....

Best
Mahdi

SubFPS

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Yes you can use two different graphics card on one motherboard. Many people uses one as a dedicated PhysX card and the other one functions for general purposes.