SOLD: Adaptec 6405e PCIe1 Raid card (2 for sale) LAST CHANCE PRICE SLASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Kemper

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
FS:
USD $:[strike]125[/strike] [strike]70[/strike] 60 (each)
- Adaptec 6405e
- Fan
- Cable

Item(s) Located and Shipped from NW Indiana, USA. No International Shipping. Local pick-up/exchange offered. Paypal accepted (Cash if local pickup OK). Buyer is responsible for shipping costs. Pricing is negotiable.

Rather than throwing away or recycling my old equipment, you may purchase it! All equipment was used by me and worked – I will not sell an item which appeared to be broken. If an item does not work, I will provide a refund of the purchase price so long as you let me know within 2 weeks. If the price is negotiated down, I will pro rate based on percent. I expect that everything will work fine.

Link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816103229

Full OS support -- including open source drivers for Linux and FreeBSD
I/O Connectivity and Data Protection With its entry-level price point, Adaptec 6405E can be used as a connectivity product, with support for up to 4 SATA and SAS devices, and 128MB of DDR2-800 MHz DRAM cache for device acceleration. At the same time, the Adaptec RAID Code (ARC) delivers maximum reliability with RAID levels 0, 1, 1E, 10 and JBOD. ARC also offers RAID Level Migration (the ability to easily migrate RAID levels), Online Capacity Expansion (expand capacity without powering down the server), and Copyback Hot Spare (when a failed drive has been replaced, data is automatically copied from the hot spare back to the restored drive).
Hybrid RAID With Hybrid RAID 1 & 10 the Series 6E controllers offer maximum performance and reliability by combining Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Hard Disk Drives in a single array. By performing read operations from the fastest SSD and write operations on both the SSDs and HDDs it offers tremendous performance gains over standard HDD RAID arrays. By combining SSDs and HDDs it offers the benefits of both technologies and allows a better cost per GB ratio than comparable SSD only arrays.
The Case for Cache The fastest way for a RAID controller to fulfill a read or write request is to serve data out of its cache. Savvy network administrator knows that enabling the RAID controller cache offers significant performance benefits, such as reduced latency in I/O request, bandwidth and queue depths that surpass software application limits, and on-the-fly parity calculations on sequential writes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS