ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti vs MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Oc vs Gainward GTX 560 Ti OC Phantom

nutzaalex

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014
Hi there, long story short, my laptop broke, went back to my old pc, and need to upgrade it cuz i have an OLD ati 512 mb card.

I know the basics of what specific things in cards mean, I would like some advice on what to buy tho cuz I am not sure what would be best for my needs. Basicly the price doesent matter that much, partialy cuz I'm getting from a friend and partialy cuz I'm romanian and price is in ron.

Getting to my case: I like the zotac cuz its a newer model over the others but it has a 128 bit buffer witch I think sucks compared to the 256 of the other 2. Msi is cool but has only a 1gb memory. Gainward would be the best thing cuz it comes with 2gb memory and 256 bus, over the other 2, however, I personally never heard of them, not sure if it will really last/if its a good manufacturer, and the look of the cooler design being different than others not sure how well it will cope considering it will be a little overclocked. If I will not go with the zotac ill have to upgrade my psu, witch is not ideal.

The prices in my country would be zotac 450, msi 470, gainward 500 (initially i had a 450 buget, am willing to strech it a little but keep in mind if i get msi or gainward ill also need an new source so +50 )

I am mostly a cs go player/league of legends player when it comes to games so I guess I wouldnt have to be verry interested in memory cuz am not playing games like wow for ex. that would require more memory to load the big map. I have a limted understanding about all this thats why im not sure. I would guess also that buffer is important in what i play cuz its all about particles moving fast and not loading big maps into memory. That being said would have gone in an instand with the msi but considering that is an older model than the zotac and i need a new source makes my reconsider, also would go for gainward but not knowing that manufacturer, needing a source and paying the most money out of all for again, an older model makes me rethink all of this.

In conclusion I dont know what to go with, these would be my choices, if I had more money I wouldve got with better ones, that in case that anyone sugests it. So please shar your toughts, would be much appreciated, also if you can point similar priced cards to me is also ok. One last thing zotac has the most ghz out of all, the rest having about 100 mhz less , dunno how much of a difference that makes. Also having a newer chipset, would love to see an explanation about that.

All in all, sorry if i went a little wild with all the explanation, i also dont post on forums much, hope i followed the guide on how to post asking for advice on a new video card decenty enough.

560 ti is about 12% better than any 650 ti card, but does require more power. Vram usage varies for various reasons and only high end cards really need 2 gb. Memory bus does matter, but different architectures you used it differently, so 192 memory bus card can beat a 256 bus card at times because of cuda cores or various others capabilities. I don't know your price range or country, so I cant refer you to a better card. For league of legends, either card will run it max out @ 1080p since the game is not very demanding. For WOW, you are looking at the medium settings most likely since it does require quiet some gpu power to run it. A spec list would help me including power supply.

nutzaalex

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014

thx for your help, I've been searching and searching yesterday and today for answers, comparisons and other's people's toughts on those cards, the reason I can choose only from those is cuz a friend is selling them, tho they are new, its a friend and ill buy it cheapper than other ones from the store, I dropped the idea of zotac a little due to realising that 128 bits looks to be more important than 256. I would go with gainward in a hearthbeat but since its not a company im familiar with, that holds me back, msi has slightly better gbts, ghz, and memory frequency, but less ram. Wha't I am searching now is: is it worth buying a msi, considering its a well known company, has an edge over the gainward by just a needle in every aspect but memory or os gainward accually reriable? also I honnestly dont think that 10 more gbts, 30 more mhz and 300 more memory speed is much of a difference that msi has over it compared to 1 full gb of ram that it lacks.

about wow, i was just giving it as an example, i dont play games that would require that much memory, and the one thing that came in mind was wow.

about the spec list: have a GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo , a intel core 2 duo e6750 2.66 locked, 4gb ram ddr2, as for the psu, doesent matter, its a no-name, allegidly it has 400 w but i doubt it. i will be buying a new one when i decide on one of those cards.

also have a 23 inch 1680-1050 lg monitor, so no full hd there.

Both 560tis would perform similarly since the extra clocks peed is not enough to make a difference and the card never really uses all 1 gb of ram. Your processor would hold you back a bit as it will bottleneck 560ti. Also, 560TI requires 500w power supply.

nutzaalex

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014
Thx for the guidelines, so all in all since the perofrmace of the cards is verry similar, i think i should go with gainward just cuz it had 2gb of ram vs the 1 of msi. aldough it bothers me that i never had any kind of interaction in the past with that manufacturer. Also could you please explain in other words the bottleneck part, english is not my native language and i have trouble understanding what u mean by my processor bottlenecking the gpu. ill buy a psu with the card and ill make sure its 500w since u suggested it, thx for that.

Well, what I mean by bottleneck is one computer part constraints another performance due to its inability to keep up. In others words, your 560ti could never reach max usage because your processor can't keep up. When putting parts together, you always want to make sure they are more or less evenly matched to avoid having a good part perform a lot less than its max capabilities.

nutzaalex

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014

got it, thx. by being made as a temporary solution helps my case.