HP Desktop that will multi-task and run all of the Adobe Suite

gitika1

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
Greetings,

I typically build all of my home pcs, but can't say that I am as lucky with my work pcs. However, I have been given permission to "spec out" a pc at HP.com that will better meet my needs for the coming year.

I am looking for an HP machine that can handle heavy graphic editing and video production. The software I use includes:

Adobe -the full line; Premiere Pro, Audition, Flash, Encore, Illustrator and Photoshop
CorelDraw Suite
Office 2013

I don't see alot of variation between the customization builds and one such as
http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-ENVY/902166?HP-ENVY-700t-Windows-7-Best-Value

The hard drive size does not need to be larger because we have plenty of "cloud" storage.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and assistance.

pyro226

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
The CPU is about the best you can get without paying a lot more for a 6 core processor or unlocked /overclocked CPUs configuration. The graphics card is pretty weak and won't really help accelerate workloads (not a workstation graphics card, it's an entry level gaming card), but the CPU will do fine on its own.

It doesn't come with a monitor, but it has a mouse and keyboard. It comes with Bluetooth and Wifi as well. It doesn't mention Ethernet under networking, but I'd expect it would have one on the back of the computer. It comes with a 2 year hardware warranty, so that's decent.