from FX-6300 to i5, is it worth it?

Biggy23

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hello guys, straight to the point, is it worth it?
based on tomshardware chart, i5 series is still up there, while fx-6300 not too far down.
i found some 2nd hand i5 +mobo here, so any input is very appreciated
thanks!

Spot on. The i5 will be a very big upgrade. Single thread applications, like gaming, will feel considerably better, and all around, the i5 is a much better CPU.

Good luck!

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
You won't notice the difference. No seriously you won't. I have an i5 4670K and a few FX 6300 rigs. You won't notice a single difference cept maybe if you play Borderlands you will... maybe :)

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
well, unless you're playing cpu heavy stuff you wouldn't notice much of a difference. Is your fx 6300 overclocked any?

And what are the rest of your specs? If your GPU isn't good enough, getting a better cpu isn't going to help much. And if you don't already,make sure you have 8gb of ram, and a good PSU

Biggy23

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
@elmo

oh really? well im just a regular user, there is a big chance i wont notice a thing :D

@whitesnake
my GPU is GTX 760 MSI twin frozr, Ram 2x4GB corsair vengeance pc12800, psu superflower sf-500
im using CM 212 Evo but no, my fx isnt overclocked, i want to but i think i need to learn more about OC, so i wont mess up

so both of you think its not worth it then? :)

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
I would just read up on overclocking the fx6300 and overclock it to about 4.5ghz and unpark your cores, and see how games run. If you're not satisfied, I'd save the money until you can buy the unlocked i5 4670k and a good z87 motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS