Total: 1 vote

• Internet Explorer
  • 0 %
  • Google Chrome
  • 100 %
  • Neither - Other Browser
  • 0 %
April 30, 2014 2:18:48 AM

I just downloaded Google Chrome after having Internet Explorer 11 since I've gotten the computer. Is there anything better about Chrome or are they both about the same?
April 30, 2014 10:45:10 AM

i used to be a die-hard user of internet explorer for many years but for the last several years i've been using nothing but chrome.

i find chrome to be much better.

-typing a non-address in the title bar acts like google search. fast and convenient without needing the special search bar you can add to ie.
-chrome seems to be less buggy and results in less page issues with some scripts.
-chrome places tabs in the title bar. this saves on vertical space and also allows a bigger area for tabs.
-chrome doesnt have the file/edit/view/etc.... menus (honestly they arent needed for the web browser in most cases) and combines it all in one menu.
-chrome has a neat little web store for adding scripts and extensions.
-i like chromes app page and also how you can hot swap between different services from google when logged in. multi-account still needs a bit of work but in general its pretty convenient.
-one thing i do like about internet explorer is how delving into the settings is a bit easier. its a bit convoluted in chrome and takes longer to figure out whats what. another thing which bothers me is how i keep having a few settings defaulted every time the browser updates to a new version. i like having the app home menu not a page as my start... and i keep having to re-enable the setting. a minor beef though.
-i like having chrome themes. it makes my browser look really nice when i start it up.
-the bookmarks bar on your new tab page is convenient. better if you have things in folders though.
-chrome seems faster than ie

ultimately its anyones choice as to which layout they prefer and which options they prefer but i can say that chrome works great for my uses.
June 21, 2014 1:03:32 AM

internet explorer 11 is better.
!